As our Night Porter, you will be responsible for the overnight security of the hotel and the safety of our guests. The role requires a confident individual with an outgoing personality, excellent interpersonal skills and a professional manner. We believe it is the people we employ that make the difference to the experience of our guests, and that is why we are looking for someone who is ready to go above and beyond in everything they do.
What will I be doing as Night Porter?
· Your role will be to support the set up the function rooms for the next days business as per the function sheets
· Demonstrating exceptional customer service at all times and assisting with guest enquiries and requests politely and effectively.
· Maintaining the hotel safety and security procedures.
· Working with our Property Management System (Alacer) to complete night audit processes, completing check in and check out and taking out-of-hours reservations.
· Preparation and service of food and drink for late bars and room service orders.
· Delivering guest mail, newspapers and express check-out invoices to bedrooms.
· Cleaning and tidying duties including setting up and presentation of front of house.
· Setting up spa and housekeeping towels and robes ready for guest arrival;
· Stock checking.
· Other duties that may be reasonably required to ensure the enjoyment of our guests and smooth running of the business.
· Fire marshall and first aid trained (training will be provided). Door Safe training would be an advantage
As Night Porter you will have…
· Some experience in setting up function rooms for Meetings and Events
· Previous experience in a guest facing role in the hospitality industry.
· Commitment to deliver excellent customer service.
· Immaculate personal presentation.
· Good communication skills, both spoken and written English.
· Competent level of IT skills and ideally a working knowledge of Opera.
Why join the Rookery Manor team as Night Porter?
You will enjoy a range of benefits, including:
· Smart uniform
· Workplace Pension Scheme
· Free use of the gym
· 25% discount off all products and services (some exclusions apply)
· Opportunities for training and development and recognising your potential
· Experience in the Hospitality Sector
· Full Driving Licence
Salary : To be agreed
Job Type: Full-time & Part Time roles available
Apply in writing attaching your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About This Role
Full time & Part Time positions available
To be agreed